FOX 6 NOW
August 10th, 2015
The ants come marching one by one – and then before you know it –they’re everywhere! Randy Allen talks with Real Milwaukee on tips to prevent and identify Wisconsin’s most common summer pest.
To keep ants away this summer, be sure to:
- Wipe up crumbs and spills immediately
- Seal garbage containers and food packages
- Trim back overhead branches at least six feet to avoid contact with the structure
- Move wood piles at least 20-30 feet from the structure and elevate piles when possible
- Check for leaks in water lines and correct moisture problems as soon as possible
- Make sure doors, windows, chimneys and skylights are properly sealed
- Clean out clogged gutters
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows
Contact Wil-Kil for more summer pest control tips.
View the original source here.