Bed bug heat treatments (or thermal remediation treatments) are the best method for resolving heavy infestations, particularly in cluttered conditions. They may also include a chemical treatment for maximum effectiveness. Wil-Kil will bring industrial-sized heaters into your property and heat your space to a temperatures of 120 degrees or above (see images below).
Treatment Methods May Include:
- Pesticide Dust
- Heat (120°F and above)
- Mattress Encasements
Most items can remain in the structure during the heat treatment without being harmed.
The Wil-Kil representative will provide and review the preparation checklist with the Client prior to service.
- Eliminates all stages of the bed bug, from egg to adult.
- Results are achieved more quickly than with conventional methods, usually in a single treatment.
- Less extensive preparation for the resident, and they can return to their home that same day.
- Heat is non-chemical, non-toxic
- Residents must vacate the area, for about 6-8 hours, during treatment.
- Higher cost than conventional treatment.
- As with other treatments, re-introductions are possible.
Best Choice When:
- Elimination is needed in a single treatment.
- Infestations are heavy and/or conditions are cluttered.
- Residents have limited ability to prepare for treatment.
- The area is less than 2200 sq ft., including apartments, dorm rooms, condos and small homes.