Pre-Thermal Remediation ChecklistGLI Bot
Wil-Kil Pest Control has been contacted to treat your residence for bed bugs using heating equipment. Our service technicians need your full cooperation to control these pests. For a successful bed bug treatment, please follow these preparation guidelines. Failure to comply with this checklist will result in cancellation of the scheduled service.
- DO NOT remove any items (mattresses/furniture) from the home. It is important that you leave all items in place to reduce the risk of spreading the infestation to other rooms, hallways, or adjoining residences.
- DO NOT use or apply any type of over-the-counter products or pesticides anywhere inside the residence.
- DO NOT place clothing into trash bags. All clothing in drawers and closets may be left in place.
- DO, prepare a washed and dried change of clothing to wear the day of the treatment. Leave your home with as little as possible, leaving purses, handbags, backpacks, and briefcases inside the residence for the treatment.
- DO, be ready to leave your residence at the posted time. All residents and animals will need to be gone for the duration of the treatment. Please wait for the technician to arrive before leaving for the day. Feel free to ask the technician any questions about the preparation or treatment at this time.
- DO, if you live in a multi-family building, please avoid visiting any other residences or common areas in the building until after the treatment is completed.
- DO, clean up the entire residence. We will not proceed with the treatment with any of the following present in the residence: trash, left out or spoiled food, pet waste, or any other unsanitary items.
- DO, vacuum your entire home and vehicle. Discard the vacuum bag or empty the vacuum canister into the trash.
- DO, secure all loose papers and all valuable/breakable items from shelves, nightstands, or end tables that could be knocked down by air movement.
- DO, locate fish tanks. Any fish tank larger than 10 gallons must be removed. If under 10 gallons, it can stay in the residence, but must be moved into a bathroom, basement or other approved area.
- DO, locate the following items. These cannot be in the residence during the treatment. They can be either placed into the refrigerator or placed into containers/boxes that the technician will remove from the residence during the treatment:
- Aerosol cans, candles, fire extinguishers, ammunition, unopened beverage cans/bottles/2 liters, live plants, and/or musical instruments.
Thank you for your cooperation! –Wil-Kil Pest Control
To download a copy of this checklist please click here.