Where Are Bed Bugs Found in a Hotel Room
Just the thought of bed bugs in your bed is enough to make most people itch! They are everywhere, they’ve been found in retail stores, movie theaters, ambulances, office buildings, homes and of course, hotel rooms. They don’t discriminate, bed bugs like the beds in a 5 star hotel just as much as beds in a 2 star hotel. If there are people, bed bugs are happy and fed.
Because these insects are hitchhikers, it is very easy to pick them up while traveling. When you are on vacation, make sure you check your hotel room thoroughly to ensure these sneaky creatures don’t follow you home. Below is an interactive map of the different places you should be checking your hotel room for bed bugs. In addition to these key locations to check in a hotel, below are a few other bed bug prevention tips for home or on the road:
- Do not place your suitcase on hotel beds while traveling
- Wash and dry all clothing on high heat when you return home from vacation – whether you wore it or not
- Store your suitcase away from sleeping areas – think garage or basement
- Do not purchase second-hand furniture
- Check your children’s backpacks, coats and other belongings when they return home from school, camp or other location
Click Each Location Below to Learn More About Where Bed Bugs Hide
Related Post From Our Blog
Wil-Kil’s eco-friendly bed bug heat treatment circulates hot air at temperatures over 120 degrees throughout infested areas to kill bed bugs and their eggs. Before our thermal radiation specialists can begin heat treatment, there are preparation measures that need to be taken.
Bed bugs are back after a long dormancy and are on the rise in Madison, Green Bay and throughout Wisconsin. They are rapidly infesting homes as well as many commercial facilities especially those with high turnover rates such as: hotels, movie theaters, college dorms and hospitals.