Pest Control for Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
Pest Control Protects Your Patients, Staff, and Visitors
As a healthcare facility, the last thing on your mind is pest control. You are more concerned with getting your patients in and out quickly, ensuring they are cared for in a sterile and nurturing environment, and making their routine check-up or emergency room visit go as smoothly as possible. Unfortunately, pest infestations can put all of these goals at risk.
Mice, cockroaches, bed bugs, or even ants can put a patient or treatment room out of service. Not only is it unsettling to see insects or rodents in a place you are seeking healthcare, but it is unsanitary. Sanitation is critical in the sensitive healthcare environment. Pests like cockroaches and rodents are known to carry upwards of 30 different bacteria and viruses.
Not only do some of these pests carry viruses and bacteria on their bodies, but ants, spiders, and mice alike can be responsible for spreading potentially harmful bacteria or viruses.
Because of their nature, they will find food wherever they can. They don’t care if it’s in a trash can, in a guest room, or a storage room in the kitchen. When they climb in these places, they are picking up and depositing bacteria and viruses on their feet, bodies, or through their saliva or excrement. They could be responsible for spreading infectious diseases across an entire hospital if not handled with care.
HealthGuard® – Integrated Pest Management for Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
In order to prevent pests from derailing your day, Wil-Kil will implement a proactive and comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program customized for the healthcare industry with HealthGuard®. This program will guard your facility and address your greatest concerns so you can put your focus elsewhere.
Benefits of HealthGuard® include:
- Focus on patients without worrying what is crawling between the rooms. A proactive strategy ensures pests aren’t just eliminated, they are prevented.
- Keep patient treatment rooms in service by having quick and efficient service that addresses an issue with minimal delays.
- Allow patients to seek treatment with minimal disruptions due to flexible service times built around your peaks and valleys in patient flow.
Preventing Pests in your Healthcare Facility
Wil-Kil’s technicians work alongside your facilities and maintenance managers to seal off all potential entrances for pests into your facility. In conjunction with your services, pest control techniques will be given to your maintenance and cleaning crew on specific areas to clean to prevent a pest infestation.
Solutions Designed for Sensitive Environments
Based on the pest concern your facility is experiencing, a number of custom solutions can be put into place, including:
- Bed Bugs: Bed bugs are a rising concern in hospitals and healthcare facilities. Wil-Kil takes an efficient approach when eliminating bed bugs, including routine follow-up visits and prevention measures to keep bed bugs from spreading through your facility.
- Rodents: Rodents find their homes in hospitals and healthcare facilities due to the large number of warm places to hide and forage for food (patient rooms, cafeterias, and break rooms). Your Wil-Kil technician will suggest building improvements to seal off rodent entry points. Preventative measures will also be taken to help keep rodents out of your facility.
- Ants: Similar to rodents, ants find a number of places to forage for food in hospitals and healthcare facilities, making it the perfect home for them. Ants can find their way in through the smallest of openings and reproduce within your facility. Wil-Kil provides multiple solutions that are safe for use in healthcare facilities to eliminate ants and other pests.
Specialists in Pest Solutions
At Wil-Kil Pest Control, we are specialists in providing full-service pest solutions to the commercial marketplace and are ready to help you protect your patients, employees, and facility. Contact us today to learn more about our pest control program designed specifically for the healthcare industry.
Related Post From Our Blog
Curious about what a pest control technician can do for your business? Are you wondering what the “bug guys” do every day? Well, there’s a lot involved in a typical day, but here is an [...]