Pre-Canine Inspection Checklistadmin
Pre-Canine Inspection Checklist
Wil-Kil Pest Control was contacted to inspect your residence for bed bugs using specially trained canines. Our canines are trained to detect the presence of live bed bugs and/or viable bed bug eggs. Our Canine Scent Detection Specialists need your full cooperation for an accurate and timely inspection.
To ensure the safety of our canines and allow for the highest possible accuracy, please follow this preparation checklist exactly as directed. A trip charge of $350 will be assesed if failure to comply with this checklist results in an inspection cancellation. If you have any questions please contact your landlord or Wil-Kil Pest Control prior to the service. Wil-Kil can be reached at 800-236-8735.
- No pesticide applications should be done thirty (30) days prior to inspection. This includes over-the-counter or professional products.
- Prior to our team’s entry into your unit, please advise us of any current or suspected flea infestations.
- Remove any pest control products, such as mouse/rodent bait (Decon), glue boards, mouse snap traps, etc.
- Refrain from using household cleaners or disinfectants (bleach, ammonia rubbing alcochol, etc.) for at least three (3) hours prior to inspection.
- Thoroughly vacuum entire residence, including, all floors and furniture prior to specialist’s arrival.
- Secure any items that may harm or distract our canines during inspection (e.g., spilled food, sharp objects (syringes, broken glass) or medications).
- Remove all pets (dogs, cats, hamsters, birds, etc.) for the duration of the inspection. Relocate pet food, water bowls, litter boxes and toys to an are that is inaccessible by our canines.
- Remove any potpourri, deodorizers or air freshners at least two (2) hours prior to inspection.
- Extinguish all cigarettes, other smoking materials, candles and incense burners three (3) hours prior to inspection.
- Close all windows and outside doors.
- Turn off oscillating fans, box fans, exhaust fans, and ceiling fans prior to specialist’s arrival. Air conditioners or furnaces may be left on.
- Ensure each room is as free of clutter as possible. The canine team must have access to all baseboards, beds and furniture.
- Remove any items stored underneath beds and relocate them to the top of the beds.
- If you have any items that were used on a recent vacation or overnight stay, such as luggage or suitcases, please have theme available for inspection.
- Limit any noise, including pet or human distractions. You may be asked to step outside of your residence while the inspection is taking place.
Our canine scent detection team will perform at the highest possible accuracy but we need all of the above conditions met. If the checklist is not followed we may refuse to do the inspection. This is very important for our dog’s safety.
Thank you for your cooperation!
To download a copy of this checklit please click here.