Wil-Kil Pest Control was contacted to inspect your residence for bed bugs using specially trained canines. Our canines are trained to detect the presence of live bed bugs and/or viable bed bug eggs. Our Canine Scent Detection Specialists need your full cooperation for an accurate and timely inspection.
To ensure the safety of our canines and allow for the highest possible accuracy, please follow this preparation checklist exactly as directed. A trip charge of $350 will be assessed if failure to comply with this checklist results in an inspection cancellation. If you have any questions please contact your landlord or Wil-Kil Pest Control prior to the service. Wil-Kil can be reached at 800-236-8735.
- DO NOT, use any or make any pesticide applications prior inside the search area for a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to inspection. This includes over-the-counter or professional products. Any visible application of dust pesticides in the search areas will immediately result in an inspection being declined.
- DO, notify our Handlers of current or suspected flea infestations in your home.
- DO, leave all linens and bedding in place. Our Handlers will move these items as needed during the inspection.
- DO, thoroughly vacuum the entire residence prior to specialist’s arrival.
- DO, secure any items that may harm or distract our canines during inspection (e.g., spilled food, sharp objects, syringes, broken glass, and/or medications).
- DO, remove all pets from the home. All dogs or cats MUST be removed from the search area PRIOR to the team’s arrival and must stay out of the area for the duration of the inspection. Relocate pet food, water bowls, litter boxes and toys to an area that is inaccessible by our canines.
- DO, turn off any oscillating fans, box fans, exhaust fans, or ceiling fans prior to the inspection. Air conditioners or furnaces may be left on.
- DO, limit any noise, including pet and human distractions. You may be asked to step outside of your residence while the inspection is taking place.
If the dogs alert to the presence of live bed bugs and/or viable eggs during the inspection, the accompanying Handler will visually inspect to confirm bed bugs. After the inspection, the Handler will report back any findings with the client and recommend any services or treatments that may be needed.
Thank you for your cooperation! – Wil-Kil Pest Control