Bugs are a part of summer that, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t completely get rid of them. While some insects are just a nuisance, others can actually spread serious diseases and be a real threat to you and your family. One such summer pest is the mosquito. Yes, they are very annoying, but they are also a threat to your health, can cause pain, and may prevent you from enjoying your own outdoor space. We want to inform you on the threats of mosquitoes and help you gain back the control of your property from the mosquitoes this summer.
Threats from mosquitoes include…
Get A Free Quote
One of the major threats of mosquitoes is the variety of diseases that they are capable of spreading to you, your family, and even your pets. Diseases that they can spread include yellow fever, dengue fever, malaria, and West Nile virus, any of which will require medical attention. They are also capable of making your pets very ill by spreading canine heartworm. If your pet becomes infected with heartworm they can become very sick and will need to be treated by a veterinarian.
Another threat from mosquitoes is the bite itself. Female mosquitoes are the ones that do the actual biting; they need the protein that is found in blood in order to create their eggs. A mosquito bite usually results in a raised itchy welt and well, if you’ve ever had a mosquito bite, you know just how itchy these welts can be. The scratching can cause the bite areas to become infected in some cases which is yet another reason you just don’t’ want these pests around.
Mosquitoes often congregate in large numbers during the summer to lay their eggs on standing water and to feed on the nectar of plants, flowers and other landscaping on your property. This means that a lot of mosquitoes will be buzzing around you, trying to bite you, and driving you and your family back inside.
Luckily there are some easy ways to beat mosquitoes at their own game and make spending time outside either at your own home or in other outdoor areas enjoyable once again.
Mosquito prevention tips include…
- When spending time outdoors, dress appropriately. Wear long pants, long sleeves, and shoes with socks. Wearing a hat will also help keep bites to a minimum.
- Be mindful about the time of day that you are going to be outside. Mosquitoes are at their peek at dawn and dusk. Those times of day are when you are most likely going to suffer from multiple mosquito bites.
- Use a bug repellant spray to help add some protection from bites.
- Keep your grass trimmed and limit the amount of flowering plants and other landscaping that you have on your property.
- Remove and or fix areas of standing water found on your property.
If you find yourself unable to fully enjoy the outdoors this summer because of mosquitoes, contact a professional pest control expert. They will be able to provide you with mosquito control services to reduce mosquitoes on your property quickly and safely. Don’t let mosquitoes ruin your outdoor fun this summer, take action today!
Contact Wil-Kil for mosquito control services.