What To Expect
- Our experienced technicians will come to your home or business and inspect all relevant areas for signs of bed bugs.
- If bed bugs are identified, your technician will discuss treatment options with you prior to moving forward.
- Bed bug treatments – whether heat or pesticide – require a significant amount of preparation, so instructions will be provided and treatment will be scheduled.
- If a heat treatment is performed, the area affected by bed bugs will receive a one-time treatment and be ready for use. If pesticide applications are used, there will be follow-up visits scheduled.
How do I prepare for treatment?
After bed bugs are confirmed and treatment is scheduled, you will receive a treatment preparation checklist. Preparation steps are different for pesticide applications and heat treatment. The links to each preparation checklist can be found below:
- Pesticide application
- Heat treatment (thermal remediation)
Is this safe for my pets & family?
Yes, once the pesticides have dried, you can resume your normal routine. Please note, if you decide on a pesticide application, it will take multiple visits before you are free of bed bugs. During this time, it is still possible to spread the bed bug infestation, so make sure you are diligent and inspect your clothing or other items before leaving your home.
Is there an evaluation fee?
Yes, there is a cost for a bed bug inspection. A visual inspection by a technician is generally $125 for up to 3 units. Canine inspections can range from $250/hour to $400/hour depending on the location being inspected.
How long until the bed bugs are gone?
It depends on the treatment option selected. If you have a heat treatment, bed bugs will be gone by the end of the day of treatment. Heat treatments generally take 8-10 hours and kill all life stages of bed bugs.
In the case of a pesticide application, it will take multiple visits to eliminate bed bugs. You will generally be scheduled for 1-2 follow-up visits after the initial treatment until we are confident we have addressed all bed bugs in the treated unit.
How soon can you get here?
Wil-Kil is 100% committed to helping you in the quickest time possible. In many cases, we can respond the same or very next day. Contact us today to schedule your inspection.
How serious are bed bugs?
Bed bugs do not transmit diseases and their bites generally create only minor irritation, like that of a mosquito. They do, however, spread very quickly, so can result in a significant outbreak in a relatively short period. Bed bugs can cause significant emotional distress for those impacted and the bites can get infected, so there is some health threat to people.