With Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer, behind us, there is sure to be an increase in backyard parties, BBQ’s and picnics in the near future. There are several things that will help make your outdoor parties successful, but perhaps the most important thing you can do is to ensure that your home and property are pest free.
No one enjoys swatting mosquitoes and other stinging or biting insects away all evening. Ants and ticks are also perfectly capable of ruining a good BBQ. There are a few helpful tips that will go a long way in making your property pest free.
- Always inspect the property around your home, looking for any sign of stinging insects or ant colonies.
- Cut your lawn the day prior to your cookout. This will help in removing any ticks that could be hanging out in tall grass or weeds.
- Remove any piles of leaves, sticks and twigs. These piles of debris a great attractants to carpenter ants and even termites.
- Inspect all windows and doors. Seal any cracks and repair any tears or holes in screens. This will help keep these summer pests out of the house.
- Take trash out on a regular basis and keep it in bins or containers with lids that will keep pests and wildlife out.
- Stagnant water is a great attraction to insects. Make sure your property is free of any water puddles or excessive water.
- Take the time to clean out your gutters. An overflowing or clogged gutter creates another breeding spot for a variety of pests.
- Remember that all pests are looking for food. Ants will be attracted to even the smallest spills or parcels of food. Left over food lying around will almost guarantee a presence of pests. The same goes for your property outside the home. Gardens and fruit trees are huge attractions to pests. Keep fallen fruit picked up and removed from the property.
Our home pest control services offer pest management programs that will keep uninvited pests out of the home. Wil-Kil has been providing residential pest control in Milwaukee and other service areas throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest since 1924! Click here to learn more about how the pros at Wl-Kil can help keep your property pest free!
Contact us today for your pest control needs.