Spring is here and it is time to start preventing pests from making a home in your home. Our own Regional Manager, Randy Allen, shares with you his top 5 spring pest proofing tips.
Click here to see the interview!
Get A Free Quote
Top 5 Spring Pest Proofing Tips from Wil-Kil Pest Control
- Seal cracks & replace weather stripping – Insects and rodents can fit into surprisingly small places! Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes. Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows
- Clean the gutters – Gutters, like piles of debris, can be a safe haven for pests. Make sure they are running clean so water and debris are not collecting and attracting bugs.Tip: While you’re cleaning the gutters, take a quick detour to safely inspect your roof and chimney for holes or cracks that may have developed over the winter. Bats, squirrels and raccoons love a nice, dry attic, and it is an easy way for insects to gain access
- Tidy your landscape – Keep tree branches, shrubbery and grass well-trimmed and away from the house to avoid a pest superhighway. Make sure mulch is at least 15 inches from the foundation (stones are a great alternative)
- Eliminate standing water – Empty flower pot dishes, bird baths, pet water dishes and other artificial containers which collect water at least once a week to disrupt mosquito breeding potential as the weather gets warmer
- Eliminate clutter in your basement, attic or crawl space – Piles of boxes, clothes and other items are perfect places to keep pests warm throughout the winter. When you are done inspecting outside, don’t forget to reduce clutter inside so pests have fewer places to hide, and you have better visibility into a potential issue.
Contact Wil-Kil today for more information on our residential pest control services.