April is National Pest Management Month. For over 30 years the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) has been honoring the professional pest control industry all throughout the month of April. The NPMA is a non-profit organization with more than 7,000 members throughout the United States, was established in 1933 to support the pest management industry’s commitment to the protection of public health, food and property. Wil-Kil Pest Control is proud to be a member of the NPMA and an industry leading Wisconsin pest control company since 1924.
April is the time of year when insects and rodents start becoming more active. It is also one of the busiest times of year for Wil-Kil Pest Control as property owners in Milwaukee, Madison and throughout Wisconsin start looking for help with their pest problems.
With that in mind we thought it appropriate to offer a few tips on how you can prevent insects and rodents from entering your home or business this spring. The NPMA and Wil-Kil Pest Control recommends:
- Seal up cracks and small holes along the foundation of your home
- Eliminate sources of moisture and standing water
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping counters and emptying the garbage frequently
- Keep all food containers sealed
- Avoid leaving pets’ food dishes out for long periods of time
- Keep trash containers clean and sealed, indoors and out
- Screen windows and doors
- If you see signs of pests or suspect an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional
If all of your attempts to prevent pests from entering fail, Wil-Kil is ready to help! We offer effective pest control in Milwaukee, Madison, Appleton, and Green Bay as well as throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northern Illinois, Northeast Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Contact Wil-Kil Pest Control today to find satisfaction and peace of mind.